Organic gardens are growing to a large extent due to its healthy and environment friendly way. Most of the people are looking for ways which can help them to grow organic gardens in their open space. If you are a great admirer of flower bearing plants and trees then you can plan an organic garden which is less cost effective and harmless to your pet animals and birds. Its importance has increased from the last years as people have become more aware to save environment from harsh chemicals and sprays.
Those who produce organic fruits, herbs, vegetables in their garden are useful to eat as they are completely natural without the use of any artificial fertilizers to promote their growth. It is completely chemical free and safe for birds who visit your garden to suck the nectar of sweet-scented flowers and feed on pollen grains.
Here are the tips to follow to maintain an organic garden.
- As there are many plants and crops available in the market, the best advice is to pick the one you like and suitable for your climate and location condition. It is important to select in this way. If you are a beginner then it is best to start gardening with vegetables and beans.
- Prepare proper containers so that it is easy to plant seeds according to season. After the seeds sprout with leaves, you can transfer it into the soil of your garden. It it is not grown yet then you have to prepare the soil by adding organic matter to plant it further.
- There is no need to purchase separate containers as you can make use of milk cartons, yogurt containers, juice cans and tubes of chips.
- If you don’t want to use them then visit a gardening center or a nursery to purchase the containers. Make sure that the containers are 4 inches deep inside.
- After getting the containers, clean it with lukewarm water and chlorine bleach to eliminate bacteria. Leave it open to sunrays to wipe the other residues in it.
- In case of planting mix, you find ready made packets which help the plant to grow healthy. Add them to the soil and mix it. Make sure that your planting mixes are sterilized as it is much safer for you and your plants.
- Make labeling for containers not to get confused in identifying the plants.
- Provide sufficient light for some lights and shade for other plants as some are resistant to sun rays and some are sensitive to the light.
- Organic gardening helps you from all troubles in the future when compared to other gardens where the plants are grown in the normal way.
Organic gardening tips help you to keep your garden and its soil free from getting dried quickly. You must be always plucking the weeds as they increase the pests in the garden. The more it is weed free, the less pests breed in your lawn. Therefore follow every tip to maintain healthy growing of plants and trees which give you fruits and flowers regularly.